Online merchants need a powerful, comprehensive and secure platform to build their stores on – like Magento Enterprise Edition. This popular eCommerce platform continues to yield significant influence throughout the online retail world, and for good reason: it over delivers on all these fronts (and more).
Here’s a brief overview of the suite of powerful features that come shipped with Magento Enterprise Edition – straight out of the box.
Marketing Promotions and Tools.
Maximising your conversions and increasing your average order value lie at the heart of Magento Enterprise Edition’s powerful suite of marketing tools. Tools such as flexible pricing rules, intelligent up and cross-sell algorithms, and a variety of promotions – just to name a few – help merchants sell more online.
Here are some of the other features that will increase your conversion rates:
Magento Enterprise Edition is equipped with a range of different checkout options to make shopping even easier for your customers – and of course to maximise your sales. For example, new visitors to your store can checkout without having to create an account, and the simple and efficient one-page checkout option means that customers can complete their purchases and get on with their day in minimum time.
The latest version of Magento Enterprise Edition is also compatible with a range of different payment methods to appeal to as many potential customers as possible. Last but certainly not least, Magento’s checkout portal is secure, and allows customers to ship items to multiple addresses as well as specify gift messages with their order.
Here’s a brief run down of Magento Enterprise Edition’s checkout features:
• One-page checkout.
• SSL security support for orders on both the front and back-end.
• Shipping to multiple addresses.
• Checkout without creating an account (guest checkout).
• Shopping cart with tax and shipping estimate.
• Option to create account at beginning of checkout.
• Input gift messages per order and per item.
• Saved shopping carts with configurable expiration time.
Analytics and Reporting.
Get to know the inns and outs of your business through Magento Enterprise Edition’s range of analytics and reporting tools. Gain insights into the performance of your online store and use that information to tweak your marketing efforts, as well as run A/B and Multivariate tests.
Here are some of the most important analytics and reporting tools included in the latest version of Magento Enterprise Edition:
• Integrated with Google Analytics.
• Sales and tax report.
• Abandoned shopping cart report.
• Logging of administrator actions.
• Report overview from dashboard.
• RSS feed for new orders.
• Best viewed and purchased products report.
• Search terms and product reviews report.
• Total sales invoiced and refunded report.
Search Engine Optimisation.
Magento Enterprise Edition has been built from the ground up with SEO – or Search Engine Optimisation – in mind. The latest version comes with an array of SEO tools to help you attract more customers to your online store.
Here are just some of the inbuilt SEO tools that come with Magento:
• Auto-generated Google site map.
• Auto-generated popular search terms page.
• Search Engine Optimisation friendly URLs.
• Full control over URL rewrites.
• Meta-information for products and categories.
Magento Enterprise Edition takes the security of your store and customers very seriously. That’s why it’s packed with a number of security features that guarantee a safe and secure shopping experience – every time. Magento Enterprise Edition comes with Secure Payment Bridge which provides PCI Data Security Standard (PCI PA-DSS). Merchants are also able to reduce the risk of automated attacks through the Captcha feature.
Note: make sure you always update to the latest version of Magento Enterprise Edition to ensure your site and customers stay safe and secure.
Here are some of the other security features offered by Magento Enterprise Edition:
• SSL security support for orders made on both the front and back-end.
• Secondary password option.
• Ability to disable directory indexing.
Control multiple websites and shop fronts from a single dashboard, upgrade to the latest version with a simple click of a button, and expand the functionality of your store through 3rd party applications with Magento Enterprise Edition’s range of site management tools. Magento Enterprise Edition allows merchants to manage all components of their online store with an efficient, simple and easy-to-use administration panel.
Here are some of the features included with Magento Enterprise Edition:
• Multi-lingual site option.
• Support for localization and multiple currencies.
• Support for both on-demand and scheduled merges and content rollbacks.
• Control multiple websites/stores from a single admin panel and dashboard.
• Fully 100% customisable templates.
• Customer groups.
• 1-click upgrades.
• Web services API for integration with 3rd party applications.
• Google website optimizer for A/B and Multivariate testing.
Managing an extensive catalog is no longer the headache it used to be. With Magento Enterprise Edition’s easy-to-use, flexible and intuitive catalog management interface at your finger tips, merchants are able to manage their product catalog with optimum efficiency. Add to that the ability to integrate web services with an existing back-office system, and you can see why Magento Enterprise Edition stands above the rest.
Here are just some of the catalog management tools at your disposal:
• Batch import, export and updates of catalog.
• Private sales: including events, invitations and category access permissions.
• Google Base integration.
• Virtual products.
• Downloadable/digital products.
• RSS feed for low inventory alerts.
• Advanced pricing rules and support for special prices.
• Customer personalised products (e.g., upload text for embroidery).
• Media manager with automatic image resizing and watermarking.
• Create store-specific attributes on the fly.
Merchants have complete control over the way they ship their products with Magento Enterprise Edition. From displaying real-time carrier rates, to offering flat or account specific rates to certain customers, to giving free shipping discounts for pre-set order amounts, merchants have a range of different shipping options at their disposal. Add to that the ability for customers to ship orders to multiple addresses, and you can see why Magento Enterprise Edition is the go-to eCommerce platform around the world.
Here’s a look at the shipping features that come with Magento Enterprise Edition:
• Integration for real-time shipping rates (UPS, FedEx, USPS and DHL).
• Ability for customer to ship to multiple addresses from one order.
• Multiple shipments for order.
• Ability to specify allowed destination countries per payment method.
• Flat rate shipping per item/order.
• Free shipping over pre-set amount or during marketing campaign.
• On-site order tracking from customer accounts.
• Table rates for weight and destination.
• Table rates for product sub-totals and destination.
• Table rates for number of items and destination.
With Magento Enterprise Edition, customers are able to complete their transactions with a number of different payment methods, including all the major payment gateways, as well as PayPal, Amazon and Google. Customers can also pay via check/money order and purchase order. It’s also possible for customers to take advantage of additional payment extensions made available through Magento Connect.
Here are some of the payment features offered through Magento Enterprise Edition:
• Gift certificates/cards (physical and virtual).
• Configurable to authorize and charge, or authorize and charge on creation of invoice.
• Customer store credits.
• Saved credit card method for offline payments.
• Integration with Authorize.net, Google Checkout (level 2) and Amazon payments.
• Integration with multiple PayPal gateways, including website payments standard, website payments pro (express and direct), website payments pro UK (express and direct), and PayPal PayFlow Pro.
• Additional payment extensions through Magento Connect.
It’s vital that your customers have an enjoyable experience whilst shopping at your online store. Luckily, Magento Enterprise Edition is equipped with a selection of self-service and backend customer service tools to make sure customers are left satisfied at the end of each transaction. Customers are able to access feature-rich accounts to view the status of their order, as well as receive tracking information directly on the website. They can also ask questions and submit requests via an easy-to-use contact form.
At the merchants’ end, customer service agents can view customer account information, including their order history, items in their shopping carts, and items in their wishlist, and answer any customer queries via the Call Centre dashboard.
Here’s a taste of the customer service features that come with Magento Enterprise Edition:
• Contact us form
• Customisable order emails.
• Order tracking from account.
• Create and edit orders from the administration panel.
• Feature-rich customer accounts.
• Order history with status updates.
• Forgotten password email from frontend and administration panel.
Magento Enterprise Edition also comes with a number of Account features and tools, such as the ability to create a wishlist and share it with family and friends, the ability to access and edit their contact and delivery information, and the option to view their ratings, reviews and product tags. All this functionality is intended to create an even better shopping experience for customers.
Here are some of the account features and tools contained within Magento Enterprise Edition:
• Recently ordered items.
• Order status and history.
• Address book with unlimited addresses.
• Default billing and shipping addresses.
• Access to account dashboard.
• Wishlist with the ability to add comments.
• Product reviews and tags submitted.
• Newsletter subscription management.
• Email or send RSS feed of wishlist.
Maximise your onsite conversions, and give visitors to your store a pleasurable shopping experience with Magento Enterprise Edition’s range of customer friendly catalog browsing tools. Fully customisable, flexible, and designed to meet the needs of the modern online shopper, Magento Enterprise Edition will certainly help your customers find exactly what they need whilst at your store.
Here are some of the catalog browsing features found in the latest version of Magento Enterprise Edition:
Thanks to Magento Enterprise Edition’s intelligent and intuitive merchandising engine, your product catalog can be setup to support your business and increase your sales through suggested up-sells, cross-sells and other related products.
Here are some of the product browsing features found in Magento Enterprise Edition:
Magento Enterprise Edition has been designed to maximise your M-commerce sales by automatically creating mobile-optimised versions of your store. Merchants are able to control the overall layout of different versions of their store depending on the device used by the customer. As an example, merchants can select between offering their full product catalog or a tailored range of products to the mobile customer, as well as take full advantage of the screen and mobile functionality of a range of mobile devices, including the latest iPhone 5.
As an online merchant, the world is your market. The latest version of Magento Enterprise Edition features a range of international support features that make it a truly global eCommerce platform. Magento-based stores can be translated into over 60 languages, and can support multiple currencies, taxes and payment methods.
Here are some of the other international support features inside Magento Enterprise Edition:
Merchants are given a range of order management tools in the latest version of Magento Enterprise Edition to help them better manage their online store. Such features include the ability for merchants to create invoices/receipts and packing slips for sales orders, as well as issue credit memos for customer refunds. From the customer’s end, shoppers are able to re-order products from previous orders and make orders via phone.
Here are some of the order management features offered through Magento Enterprise Edition:
Each new version of Magento contains a number of important performance upgrades that can help your store run as fast as possible. For example, the latest version of Magento Enterprise Edition (1.14.1) supports MySQL 5.6 and PHP 5.5 – dramatically reducing memory usage and improving overall site performance. Remember: your store needs to satisfy Google speed standards to remain competitive online. The latest release also allows merchants to quickly report technical issues through a new support tool.
Note: it’s best to stay up-to-date with the latest version of Magento to ensure that your store runs optimally.
Here are just some of the performance features included with Magento to help your store run as smooth as possible:
If you’d like to hear more about how Magento Enterprise Edition can help your online store, then phone or email us today. We’ll help you get started and support you every step of the way.